Ways to Help
There are many ways the community can help the Southeastern Veterans Center care for its veteran residents:
- Group Volunteering: Organizations can volunteer as a group and conduct bingo programs, ice cream socials, pub parties, casino nights, etc.
- Individual Volunteering: Individuals may assist in one or more ways including: assisting residents during activities, escorting wheelchair-bound residents, visiting or escorting on field trips.
- Group-sponsored Programs: Groups may sponsor a program even though they are not present to conduct the program. A group may sponsor bingo, entertainment, parties or other types of activities.
- Monetary Donations: Groups or individuals may donate to the residents' welfare fund. The monetary gift will be used to support the many different activities and programs, which directly benefit the residents. The monetary donation may also be designated for a specific need. You can donate directly online at www.donate.dmva.pa.gov.
- Invite Residents To Your Organizations' Home: Arrangements can be made to take groups of residents to your organizations' home for a luncheon and other activities.
- Friend of a Veteran: Provide a resident with a gift and card during Christmas and for a resident's birthday. Also, send greeting cards for other holidays. Arrangements can be made to visit with the resident. Also, the group or individual may consider taking care of other material needs of the resident. For example, if a resident needs a jacket, consider obtaining one for him or her.
- Entertainment: Individuals or groups with musical ability or other types of talent can entertain residents.
- Other Ideas: We welcome other innovative ideas that you may have which would benefit our residents.
We encourage you to contact us at (610) 948-2418 to discuss your ideas.