Firewood Information Line: 717-861-2672Firewood/Chip Program Registration Form: You may download, print, and fill out this registration form in advance, and bring it with you to Bldg. 0-11 to get a permit. You will be asked to provide a driver’s license.(Must be submitted to Environmental Office in Bldg. 0-11 Monday-Friday between 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.)Firewood purchases can be made at Bldg. 0-11 between 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.Important Rules
- Entry to the wood yard is at your own risk; the department assumes no responsibility for damages or loss for any reason.
- Firewood yard supply fluctuates, and availability is not guaranteed.
- Customers must register with the Environmental office to participate in the program. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Daily maximum=Unlimited
- Annual maximum=Unlimited
- Limit of one customer per household.
- All vehicles entering the woodyard must be designated during registration.
- Any disputes will be settled by the Department's representative. All decisions by the Department's representative are final. Abuse of this program or any violations of the program policies will be grounds for the customer's removal from the program. The Department reserves the right to refuse access to the firewood yard for any reason at any time.
- Firewood will be available at the yard in Area 19 off Johnson Trail.
- Firewood is in log form in 8 to 12-foot lengths. Customers will be responsible for cutting and loading their own firewood.
- The yard will be open Monday-Friday 0830-5:00pm apart from State Holidays.
*** Fees are subject to change without prior notice ***
- Current fees collected for firewood are:
- Full size pick-up truck w/8-foot bed: $30
- Full size pick-up truck w/6-foot bed: $25
- Small pick-up truck (ex: Ranger, S-10, Avalanche, etc.): $20Trailers and truck beds larger than 8' in length will be charged accordingly:
- Trailers and truck beds larger than 8' in length will be charged accordingly:
- Up to 10': $45
- Up to 14': $65
- Up to 18': $120
- >18': $150
- Current fees collected for chips are $10 per load.
**Chip customers are responsible for loading their own chips by hand.
- All sales are cash (exact change preferred) only collected on site.
- Log Splitters are allowed. No other mechanized equipment such as skid steers, tractors etc. will be permitted in the yard.
- Customers will receive a receipt that should be posted on their vehicle dashboard for the duration of the time it takes to load the firewood or chips.
Firewood Hotline Message: Phone (717) 861-2672
Environmental Office: Phone # (717) 861-8181
Forestry Office 717-861-9607
Bureau of Reservation Maintenance (BRM) Grounds: Phone # (717) 861-8870