Policy, Planning and Legislative Affairs Office
The Policy, Planning and Legislative Affairs Office serves as the link between the United States Congress, Governor of Pennsylvania, the Pennsylvania General Assembly and the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. The Office provides the Adjutant General (TAG) of Pennsylvania policy, planning and legislative advice, guidance and recommendations on legislative, programs, budget activities, protocol, communications and external coordination affecting the Pennsylvania National Guard and the Veterans of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Our core competencies include:
- Developing policy and legislative priority strategies for the DMVA
- Communicating DMVA policy and legislative priorities with federal, state and local elected officials
- Partnering with military/Veteran advocate organizations to promote DMVA policy and legislative priorities
- Coordinating DMVA efforts among Federal and Commonwealth Departments, Agencies and Commissions
- Responding to a myriad and numerous legislative inquiries