Freedom of Information Act (federal)
To provide guidance for requesting Pennsylvania National Guard federal records under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552.
1. Requests under FOIA for a copy of Pennsylvania National Guard records can be made by any individual or public or private organization other than a Federal agency.
2. The request must (1) be in writing (2) specifically cite the Freedom of Information Act, (3) reasonably describe the records sought, and (4) indicate a willingness to pay all fees or fees up to a specific amount, or ask for a fee waiver.
3. Requests for Pennsylvania Army National Guard records of a federal related nature should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed and mailed to:
Policy, Planning and Legislative Affairs
Attn: Freedom of Information Act Officer
Bldg 07-36, Fort Indiantown Gap
Anneville, PA 17003-5002
4. Requests for Pennsylvania National Guard records of a state related nature are handled by Pennsylvania’s Right to Know Law (RTKL)
5. If you are looking for Pennsylvania Air National Guard records you can make your request here
6. Additional information can be obtained from AR 25-55.
Questions can be directed to the DCSIM/J6 Freedom of Information Act Office at 717-861-8820 or faxed to 717-861-2290.
Requesters may convey customer satisfaction or concerns to the following NGB POC: ARNG FOIA Officer at 703-607-3195 or at email@example.com.