Anticipated Opening 2022: Adult Day Health Care at the Southeastern Veterans' Center
Welcome to the Southeastern Veterans' Center's (SEVC) newest addition to its comprehensive care for Pennsylvania veterans -- the Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) program. Anticipated to open in 2022, the ADHC program is the perfect solution to finding daytime care for veterans and/or their spouses outside of the home, and it is the first ADHC program within Pennsylvania's six Veterans Homes.Special Features
Veterans are a precious part of our lives as well as our nation's history. That's why we are committed to providing quality care for Pennsylvania's veterans and/or their spouses in a safe yet stimulating environment.
We understand that caring for a loved one who is physically or cognitively impaired can be a daunting responsibility for any caregiver. The physical and emotional demands can take their toll, but with our new ADHC program there is relief in sight.
Our ADHC program offers veterans and/or their spouses special services to enhance the positive experience, such as:
- Full-Day or Part-Time Options: Our hours of operation from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday cover the core part of the day. Participants can come all day, or for just a couple of hours a day/week. Whatever works for you, works for us.
- Comradery with Patriotic Colleagues: Unique to the SEVC is the joy our staff take in serving the American heroes who walk our halls. Participants will enjoy the backdrop of patriotism, while forming friendships with fellow veterans eager to share their pride in their service to our nation.
- Convenient Transportation: Our bus service will assure every participant is safely picked up at their home, dropped off at our facility and then safely returned home each day. Of course, there is always the option of using personal transportation if that is preferred. Transportation is also available to medical appointments.
- A Fun Social Calendar: Participants can choose from a wide variety of social events, independent activities, outdoor recreational activities and even day trips. Whether it is a stimulating day of social interaction, or a more tranquil day enjoying the beautiful outdoors from a pavilion, participants will enjoy a program that provides an active and diverse life.
- Technology Capabilities: For the tech savvy participants, our facility will provide them with a computer lab equipped to support the use of personal laptops, cell phones and other electronic devices.
- Tasty and Nutritious Meals: Made with a focus on healthy eating, our tasty and nutritious cuisine, prepared by professional food service staff and overseen by a clinical dietician, will keep our participants looking forward to their next meal.
- Onsite Medical Services: Rest assured that your loved one is in good hands with our experienced onsite medical team, including doctors, nurses and therapists. Our health care team will monitor your loved one's health conditions and administer medications.
- Therapeutic and Rehabilitation Services: Our facility provides onsite physical, occupational and speech therapy tailored to the specific health needs of each participant. The supervised exercises and training include advanced techniques and equipment so that they can reach their highest level of independence as quickly as possible.
- Attention to Personal Grooming: Our participants never forget their military roots and the importance of personal grooming. Participants can take advantage of an onsite licensed barber or beautician. There is also a bathing suite that includes a ceiling lift for those participants who find it difficult to bath at home due to wheelchair or other restrictions. These services allow participants to be pampered and return home feeling clean and refreshed.
- Strictly Regulated: To ensure the safety of all participants, the ADHC program is highly regulated and routinely inspected by: the Pennsylvania Department of Health (Division of Safety Inspection), the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Our ADHC facility is currently under construction, but rest assured it will be modern, progressive, bright and lively. We cannot wait to serve veterans and/or their spouses in what promises to be a fun and patriotic environment. Here are two renderings that can provide you with what you can expect when we open our doors in 2022.
Join our Team
We are hiring
and would love for you to join our team! If you are looking for a fulfilling career in health care, taking care of men and women who have served and protected our freedoms, then the SEVC ADHC program is a perfect fit for you. Join our professional staff -- many of whom are veterans -- who proudly come to work each day excited and honored to take care of true American heroes. Contact Us With Your Questions
While we put the finishing touches on our new ADHC program, we understand that you may have questions about what to expect. Please feel free to e-mail RA-MVSEVC-ADHC@pa.gov