Volunteer at the Home
The Pennsylvania Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Home is currently recruiting volunteers to serve the needs of the veterans at the home. Volunteers show our residents that someone still cares about them and that they are regarded as real friends. They prove to the veterans that they are not alone. Just one hour a week can dramatically improve the lives of our residents! Here are some of the ways you can help:
- Assisting with Home activities
- Assisting on field trips
- Assisting with individualized activities
- One-to-one visits
- Escorting wheelchair-bound residents to facility-wide activities
- Assisting residents at mealtimes
- Providing musical entertainment
- Conducting or assisting with arts and crafts
- Sponsor or work at a bingo game
- Reading to our residents
If your business or community organization would like to help, we can use your help too!
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at (814) 878-4961.