- Movie Nights
- GMVC Choir
- Shopping Trips
- Lunch Trips
- Tea & Cookies
- Sensory Stimulation Rooms
- Arts & crafts
- Musical Programs
- One-to-one interventions
- Garden Concerts (June, July, Aug)
- Casino Trips
- Dine-In Lunches
- Resident Summer Cook-Outs
- Annual Veterans Home Week (June)
- Sporting Events (Railriders)
- Fishing Trips
- National Veterans Creative Arts Competitions
- Summer Carnival
- Dementia Programs daily
- Catholic Mass on Tuesdays and Eucharistic Ministry visits on Sundays
- Protestant Services on Thursdays
- Holiday Events and special events throughout the year
Activities are provided in the following areas: multipurpose room, activity courtyard, unit lounges, dining rooms on the units and resident rooms.
We work very close with the volunteer services department in scheduling events and activities.
We receive assistance from various volunteer and veterans groups. These groups often sponsor bingo games and parties for the residents.
We also work closely with nursing staff when conducting off-ground trips and during large group events at our facility.
We participate in Presents for Patients during the Christmas Season.
We provide a monthly calendar to all of our residents. The monthly calendar is posted throughout the facility and includes all of the monthly scheduled activities.