This listing is offered as a service to individuals and organizations to promote their veteran and military-oriented events being held in Pennsylvania. The information is taken directly from emailed submissions from requestors. DMVA is not responsible for incorrect information submitted.
- Dec. 1-2, 2021 - To learn the dangers associated with the misuse of psychostimulants while discovering strategies for protecting communities and preventing widespread stimulant use disorder. Attendance is free, but registration is required. Law enforcement, criminal justice, health care providers, emergency medical services, personnel, drug and alcohol prevention and treatment providers, Single County Authorities (SCAs), government officials, public health professionals, and other stakeholders. - For more information and to register visit Website.
State Veteran's Commission Meeting Open To The Public
The Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA) will host a Pennsylvania State Veteran's Commission (SVC) meeting on Dec. 3, 2021, at 10 a.m. at Arrowheads Community Club. The SVC is established in accordance with Title 51 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes. It is comprised of representatives of all major veterans organizations throughout the commonwealth, as well as a representative of the Association of County Directors for Veterans Affairs. Anyone wishing to attend this meeting who needs special accommodations due to a disability, please contact 717-861-6510. Please be advised that all presentation materials are posted on the PA State Veterans Commission webpage prior to the official meeting, and open to the public to review. The meeting will be accessible telephonically by calling 1-877-985-7017 and when prompted enter access code: 77087117. Arrowheads Community Club Mask Policy: All persons entering the Arrowheads Community Club must be wearing a mask; once you arrive at your destination within the club you are allowed to unmask yourself. You must again re-mask when exiting. For more information and to view the meeting agenda visit Website.
Suicide Intervention Training - Scranton
- Dec. 6-7, 2021, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. - 431 Wyoming Ave., Scranton, PA (Lackawanna County) You must attend both days to receive a certificate. ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first-aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognize when someone may be at risk of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants donâ€™t need any formal training to attend the workshopâ€”ASIST can be learned and used by anyone. - For more information and to register visit Website.
Disabled American Veterans, Red Rose Chapter 80, Veterans Luncheon
- Dec. 7, 2021, 12:30-4 p.m. - Farm and Home Center, 1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster, PA (Lancaster County) - Jeff at 717-475-3009 or emailing at email@example.com - Doors will open at 12:30 pm and the luncheon will begin at 1 pm. The luncheon is open to all honorably discharged veterans regardless of their branch of service or the unit they served in or time they served. It is also open to their spouse and guests. In addition to the meal, various organizations of interest to veterans will be manning display tables, a 50/50 drawing will be held as well as a chinese auction and door prizes will be awarded. The guest speaker for the luncheon will be Dr. Ronald Frankum, History Professor from Millersville University whose speech will be about the attack on Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941. The cost is $20 per person (cash or check only). - For more information and to register visit Website.
Reboot To Business Webinar
- Dec. 9, 2021, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. - The "Introduction to Entrepreneurship" course is the foundational piece of Boots to Business (B2B). Participants are introduced to the skills, knowledge, and resources they need to launch a business, including steps for developing business concepts, how to develop a business plan, and information on SBA resources available to help. This two-day in-person program is facilitated by subject matter experts from the SBA and their extensive network of skilled business advisors. - Website.
Military Share Food Distribution
- Dec. 13, 2021, Noon- 2 p.m. - 2934 Smallman St., Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County) - Shawn Buzzard call 412-481-8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - Come join us for a military share food distribution event. All veterans and military families in need of food are welcome. No pre-registration required. - For more information visit Facebook Event.
Military Share Food Distribution
- Dec. 15, 2021, 1-3 p.m. - 727 Goucher St., Johnstown, PA (Cambria County) - Kim Portser call 724-672-3551 or email email@example.com - Come join us for a military share food distribution event. All veterans and military families in need of food are welcome. No pre-registration required. - For more information visit Facebook Event.
Veterans First - Holiday Food Drive 2021
- Dec. 14, 2021, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. - American Legion Post 80, 72 6th Ave., Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County) - For more information contact Ben Barnett at 412-307-1713 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org - Veteran's First is hosting a holiday food drive. We are having the the event for the local community and homecare agencies that are within the area to come by and donate non-perishable food items, and other necessities; toiletries, clothing (lightly worn or new), and cleaning supplies. The collection of goods will be packed into a box truck and then donated in it's entirety to Veterans Place, a non-profit organization in Pittsburgh that helps to house veterans who currently need an accommodating place to stay.
Empowerment Workshops For All Veterans
- Second Monday and fourth Sunday of every month - This is a workshop that utilizes free writing, breathing techniques and community agreements. Free writing is allowing the freedom of thoughts and ideas to flow unto the paper without judgment or expectation of what it will become. Previous writing experience not required. This workshop is free and open to all veterans, all eras, all separation statuses and servicemembers. Be supported by healthy camaraderie, and community empowerment. - Register at Website.
VBC Happy Hour Webinar
- Every Monday at 7 p.m. - Contact Ellie DePastino at email@example.com - Veterans share their stories and take questions from a live online audience. - To access the live-streamed events visit Website.
Generation 9/11 Webinar
- Every fourth Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. - Contact Ellie DePastino at firstname.lastname@example.org - Veterans share their stories and take questions from a live online audience. To commemorate the 20th anniversary of 9/11, we talk with veterans who have served since Sept. 11, 2001. - To access the live-streamed events visit Website.
Medically Assisted Recovery Support Group
- Every Tuesday, 7 p.m. - JFT Recovery and Veterans Support Services, downstairs meeting room, 300 Market St., Lemoyne, PA (Cumberland County) - For more information call 717-695-6253 or visit Website. - This is a 12-step based program of recovery for those utilizing medically assisted treatment; however, anyone is welcome, no matter your program of recovery.
Military Share Mobile Distribution
- Third Wednesday of the month, 2-4 p.m. - Calvary Lutheran Church, 208 Woods Dr., Mechanicsburg, PA (Cumberland County) - Pre-registration is required. Robert Ardner at 717-682-1012 or email@example.com, Jeff Douden at 717-364-4475 or firstname.lastname@example.org - Designed to provide fresh, nutritious foods for families with at least one member who served or is serving in the armed forces. Proof of military service is required, such as military ID or VA Medical Card, DD-214.
Military Share Mobile Distribution
- 1st Friday of Every Month, 1-3 p.m. - Middletown VFW Post 1620, 200Â Pike St., Middletown, PA (Dauphin County) - Pre-registration is required. Domon Barr at 717-919-6955 or email@example.com, Mary-Kate Cowher at 717-836-4036 or firstname.lastname@example.org - Designed to provide fresh, nutritious foods for families with at least one member who served or is serving in the armed forces. Proof of military service is required, such as military ID or VA Medical Card, DD-214.
Veterans Breakfast Club Webinar
- Every Wednesday at 9 a.m. - Contact Ellie DePastino at email@example.com - Veterans share their stories and take questions from a live online audience. - To access the live-streamed events visit Website.
Veterans Resource Rally On Site Services Available Open To Veterans And Their Families
- Third Wednesday of the month - For the love of a veteran, 1082 Carlisle St., Hanover, PA (York County) - For more information contact Chris Waltz 717-451-2511 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org - Representatives on site to assist with veteran benefits, housing resources, employment, VA eligibility, military share food program.
- 2nd Thursday of the month - 4334 SR 29 S, Noxen, PA (Wyoming County) - Patriots Cove is nestled in the mountains of Noxen, an 18-acre refuge is wheelchair friendly and includes a facility with a lodge home, activities building and a trout stream. Originally a project to protect the Beaver Run waterway, the Cove has been fully restored as a native brook trout conservation and continues to support the surrounding wildlife and ecosystem. Events and activities are exclusive to injured veterans and first responders and their caregivers. Fishing retreats and caregiver activities are free of charge which include meals, lodging, and supplies. Apply for an upcoming event by clicking the tabs above for fishing or caregiver events. Patriots Cove can serve up to five veterans and/or first responders and five caregiversÂ per event. Special needs including care and diet must be coordinated prior to the event participants are registered for. - Website.
Walkthrough Of Veterans ASCEND Virtually
- Every Friday - This brief covers how easy it is for service members, veterans, and military family members to set up a profile, shows a glimpse of how the business side works, and gives you an opportunity to ask questions about the program. Walk through the process of creating a profile, sneak a peak of the business view, and ask your questions. - Website.
Empowerment Workshops For Women Veterans
- First and third Sundays of every month, 1-3 p.m. - This is a workshop that utilizes free writing, breathing techniques and community agreements. Free writing is allowing the freedom of thoughts and ideas to flow unto the paper without judgment or expectation of what it will become. Previous writing experience not required. This workshop is free and open to all women veterans, all eras, all separation statuses and servicemembers. Be supported by healthy camaraderie, clear communication and community empowerment. - Register at Website.
Mini Stand Down - Berks County
- Second Saturday of every month, 10 a.m.-Noon - City Park, Lower Parking Lot, Reading, PA (Berks County) - Point of contact: call 610-372-8267 or email info@TeamVCOP.org - Rain or shine, clothing, a hot meal and more free stuff. - Website.
Mini Stand Down - Montgomery County
- Fourth Saturday every month, 10 a.m.-Noon - Vets Island at Memorial Park, 251 Manatawny St., Pottstown, PA 19464 (Montgomery County) - Point of contact: call 610-372-8267 or email info@TeamVCOP.org - Rain or shine, clothing, a hot meal and more free stuff. - Website.