This listing is offered as a service to individuals and organizations to promote their veteran and military-oriented events being held in Pennsylvania. The information is taken directly from emailed submissions from requestors. DMVA is not responsible for incorrect information submitted.
- Oct. 1, 2022, 8 a.m. - Gettysburg Area Recreation Park, 545 Long Ln., Gettysburg, PA (Adams County) - Point of Contact: Eric Meyer, at 717-398-2949 - This bike event, sponsored by Healthy Adams Bicycle/Pedestrian, Inc., consists of three different routes, to accommodate riders of all experience levels, but all include Gettysburg National Military Park. Lunch is provided after all rides. - Website.
American Legion Post 974 And York County Veterans Court Blood Drive
- Oct. 1, 2022, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. - Fairview Township Fire Station No. 1, 340 Lewisberry Rd., New Cumberland, PA (York) - Point of Contact: Paul Shover, at 717-963-1392 or email email@example.com - The Guy E. Shelley, Jr. American Legion Post 974 & York County Veterans' Court is hosting a Blood Drive in partnership with the American Red Cross.
Montgomery County Recorder Of Deeds Veterans' Resource Fair
- Oct. 4, 2022, 10 a.m.-Noon - 1430 Dekalb Street, Norristown, PA (Montgomery County) - Point of Contact: Leann Pettit, at 610-278-3289 or email RODNews@montcopa.org - The Recorder of Deeds office will be recording veteranâ€™s military discharge papers, providing veterans discount ID cards, and signing homeowners up for FraudSleuth. There will also be information and services from Montgomery County departments including veterans affairs and senior services. - Website.
Registration Is Open For PA Department Of Aging's LGBTQ Virtual Aging Summit
- Oct. 6, 2022, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and Oct. 7, 2022, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Registration is now open for the free 2022 PA LGBTQ Aging Summit, sponsored by AARP. Organizers encourage individuals who are impacted by multiple stigmatized and discredited identities to join and share in this event. - Website.
Veterans Leadership Program Presents Stand Down Pittsburgh
- Oct. 8, 2022, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. - 2934 Smallman St., Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County) - Point of Contact: Alexis Vogan, Veteran Outreach Coordinator, at 844-VLP-VETS or email StandDown@vlpwpa.org - Join area veterans advocates and resource providers for a variety of free offerings, including a food pantry, legal assistance, and access to veterans benefits and eligibility. Breakfast and lunch will be provided, and transportation and parking are available. - Website.
Vietnam War Memorial Dedication At Indiantown Gap National Cemetery
- Oct. 8, 2022, Noon - Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, 60 Indiantown Gap Rd., Annville, PA (Lebanon County) - The dedication ceremony, to be held in the area of columbarium A and B, will include a Huey flyover, flag ceremony, taps, rifle salute and key speaker presentations. Attendees can then visit the actual memorial, which is located near area 24C. - Website.
Free Health And Wellness Education Event In Monroe County
- Oct. 11, 2022, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. - Northbound and Co., 6258 BUS-209, Stroudsburg, PA (Monroe County) - This event includes opportunities to obtain flu vaccines, blood pressure checks, free Narcan, COVID-19 at-home tests, and other health information. - Website.
Hanover VFW To Host YVN Breakfast
- Oct. 11, 2022, 7:30 a.m. - Hanover VFW, 19 McKinley Ave., Hanover, PA (York County) - Point of Contact: Bill Fallon, at 717-767-7600, Ext. 232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - The Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry workforce partnership is bringing back this monthly breakfast for representatives and organizers who help to support the Hanover veteran community. Please R.S.V.P. for the event.
Workshop On The Storytelling Rituals Of Ancient Warrior Cultures
- Oct. 14, 2022, 12:30-4 p.m.; Oct. 15, 2022, 10 a.m.-Noon - Cumberland County Historical Society, 33 West High St., Carlisle, PA (Cumberland County) - Point of Contact: John Werner, at 717-579-8962 or email email@example.com - As a community event complementing the War Amongst the People/From Swords to Plowshares exhibition, join us for a free two-day empowerment experience offered in partnership with the Cumberland County Historical Society. Participants will learn skills that facilitate an awareness of the value of their own experiences, and will gain a sense of empowerment to tell their own personal story. Previous experience as a writer, storyteller, and performer are not necessary. - Website.
3rd Annual Central PA St. Jude Heroes Ride For Hope
- Oct. 15, 2022, staging- 9-10:45 a.m., depart 11 a.m. - Susquehanna Valley Harley-Davidson, 6300 Allentown Blvd., Harrisburg, PA (Dauphin County) - Join fellow biking enthusiasts for a 120-mile ride through Dauphin, Cumberland, Adams, and York counties, stopping at four area Harley-Davidson dealerships for food, games and trivia fun. Proceeds from the event benefit St. Jude's. - Website.
Civil War Soldier Headstone Unveiling
- Oct. 15, 2022, 11 a.m. - Mt. Moriah Cemetery, 1004 Cobbs Creek Pkwy., Yeadon, PA (Delaware County) - The Sons of Union Veterans presents Pvt. Charles Sigmund headstone unveiling. Pvt. Sigmund was found to be buried in an unmarked grave in Philadelphia for 94 years. All are welcome to attend the headstone unveiling. - Website.
Free Veterans Resource Fair Scheduled On The Grounds of DMVA's Southwestern Veterans' Center
- Sept. 16, 2022, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. - Southwestern Veterans' Center, 7060 Highland Dr., Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County) - Point of Contact: Brian Beach, at 724-719-0860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - The Southwestern Veterans' Center is hosting this free resource fair for veterans and military families. Food trucks will be on site.
Virtual Speaker Series To Address Pandemic Anxiety And Family Stress
- Oct. 20, 2022, 2:30-4 p.m. - This virtual seminar is designed to help individuals understand how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted our lives and American society in general, including its impact on mental health and the family dynamic. - Website.
Capital Region Veterans Coalition And JFT York Present Veterans Camping Retreat
- Oct. 21-23, 2022, beginning at 3 p.m. - Gifford Pinchot State Park, 2200 Rosstown Rd., Lewisberry, PA (York County) - Point of Contact: Ken Dunn, at email@example.com - Join other veterans at this free camping retreat. Tents, sleeping bags and sleeping pads are provided to those who need them. Meals are provided. R.S.V.P. by Oct. 6, 2022. - Website.
Veterans Camping Retreat At Gifford Pinchot State Park
- Oct. 21, 2022, 3 p.m. - Oct. 23, 2022, 3 p.m. - Gifford Pinchot State Park, 2200 Rosstown Rd., Lewisberry, PA (York County) - Point of Contact: Ken Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org - This veteran camping retreat is being offered through the Capital Region Veterans Coalition and JFT (Just for Today) York. Tents, sleeping bags, and sleeping pads will be available, or participants can bring their own gear. Meals will be provided. Please RSVP by Oct. 6, 2022. - Website.
Virtual Program To Discuss The Healing Power Of Stories Through Art Within Military/Veteran Communities
- Oct. 21, 2022, 9-10:30 a.m. - Point of Contact: Nancy Isserman, at 215-382-6680 or email email@example.com - Experts from throughout the Philadelphia-area mental health and military communities will discuss how the personal narratives we tell and hear can promote healing. The event is sponsored by the Delaware Valley Veterans Consortium. - Website.
Williamsport Vet Center Hosts Words Of Warriors
- Oct. 23, 2022, 3-5 p.m. - Community Arts Center, 220 W 4th St, Williamsport, PA (Lycoming County) - Point of Contact: Williamsport Vet Center, at 570-327-5281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - Local veterans and their families share personal combat stories of their lives before, during and after combat. A reception will follow the event. Please call Williamsport Vet Center to register.
Mercer County Veteran Stand Down And Resource Fair
- Oct. 27, 2022, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. - 5550 E. State St. Hermitage, PA (Mercer County) - Point of Contact: Lori Johnson, at 724-342-6222, ext. 14 or email email@example.com - All veterans and their families are invited for an afternoon of information, food, and camaraderie. Flu shots and COVID Vaccines will also be available from Primary Health Network.
Veterans Leadership Program To Celebrate 40 Years With 80s-Themed Celebration
- Oct. 28, 2022, 7:30-10 p.m. - 1025 Braddock Ave., Braddock, PA (Allegheny County) - Veterans Leadership Program invites everyone to their "Back to the 80s Bash" as they celebrate 40 years of dedication to and services for veterans in the community. The event includes live music and a concession stand. Attendees are asked to R.S.V.P. by Oct. 10, 2022. - Website.
Gettysburg YWCA Community Spirit 10-Miler
- Oct. 30, 2022, 8-11 a.m. - Gettysburg YWCA, 909 Fairfield Rd., Gettysburg, PA (Adams County) - Beginning from the YWCA, this 10-mile running journey will incorporate borough and battlefield, providing an experience like no other event staged in this area. The entry fee for the first 100 registrants is $65, a $20 savings from the standard registration cost. - Website.
Small Business Administration Offers Virtual Boots To Business Reboot Class
- Nov. 1, 2022, 8 a.m.-Noon - Point of Contact: Jonathan Bennett, at 412-799-6052 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - This online course covers business fundamentals, including evaluating business feasibility, legal organization options, and financing opportunities. Reboot is designed for veterans of all eras, Reservists, National Guard members, transitioning military members, and their spouses interested in starting a small business or currently in business for two years or less. - Website.
Annual Veterans Appreciation Luncheon
- Nov. 2, 2022, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. - American Legion Post 778, 150 Legion Memorial Ln., Lyndora, PA (Butler County) - All Butler County veterans and a guest are welcome to attend this free luncheon, hosted by PA State Rep. Marci Mustello. Reservations are required by Oct. 26, 2022. - Website.
7th Annual Butler County Stand Down
- Nov. 4, 2022, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. - General Butler Vagabond Center, 138 Whitestown Rd., Lyndora, PA (Butler County) - Point of Contact: Allyson Rose, at 724-284-5114 or email email@example.com - Stand down is a day of free services, supports, and resources for all veterans, the homeless, and others in need. Veterans with proof of veteran status can join from 11 a.m.-Noon. All others are welcome to join from Noon-1:30 p.m. - Website.
Families Encouraged To Join Three-Day Virtual Retreat For Deployment Countdown
- Nov. 4, 2022, 8 a.m., and running through Nov. 6. - This event brings together 30 experienced military spouses and lifestyle experts to share strategies that can help you make every moment count while you're counting down deployment. You can begin the free sessions at any time, in increments that fit your schedule. - Website.
Veterans Hub of Northeastern PA To Celebrate Grand Opening
- Nov. 10, 2022, 1 p.m. - St. Luke's Lehighton Campus, Main Lobby Entrance, 211 North 12th St., Lehighton, PA (Carbon County) - Point of Contact: Carbon County Office of Veterans Affairs, at 570-325-3986 - The new Veterans Hub of Northeastern PA is located on the first floor of the Lehighton campus. Light refreshments will be served.
Adams County Veterans Affairs To Host World War II Veterans' Reunion
- Nov. 12, 2022, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. - 845 Crooked Creek Rd., Gettysburg, PA (Adams County) - Point of Contact: Stan Clark, Adams County Veterans Affairs, at 717-337-9835 - The Adams County Veterans Affairs Department is pleased to announce this event to celebrate World War II veterans. Free lunch will be provided for all World War II veterans and one guest, as well as a free tour of the World War II museum. Lunch and tour will be available to other attendees for a nominal fee. R.S.V.P. is requested. - Website.
- Dec. 7 and 8, 2022 - Point of Contact: Psychostimulant Symposium Planning Team, at ra-daPAPSSymposium@pa.gov - The Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs is partnering with Liberty Mid-Atlantic High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area for the 4th Annual Psychostimulant Symposium. This two-day virtual event will feature both plenaries and regional breakout sessions. - Website.
Military Share Mobile Food Distribution - Middletown
- 1st Friday of Every Month, 12 p.m. - Middletown VFW Post 1620, 200Â Pike St., Middletown, PA (Dauphin County) - Pre-registration is required. Mary-Kate Cowher at 717-836-4036 or firstname.lastname@example.org - Designed to provide fresh, nutritious foods for families with at least one member who served or is serving in the armed forces. Proof of military service is required, such as military ID or VA Medical Card, DD-214.
Mini Stand Down - Berks County
- Second Saturday of every month, 10 a.m.-Noon - City Park, Lower Parking Lot, Reading, PA (Berks County) - Point of contact: call 610-372-8267 or email info@TeamVCOP.org - Rain or shine, clothing, a hot meal and more free stuff. - Website.
Empowerment Workshops For Women Veterans
- First and third Sundays of every month, 1-3 p.m. - This is a workshop that utilizes free writing, breathing techniques and community agreements. Free writing is allowing the freedom of thoughts and ideas to flow unto the paper without judgment or expectation of what it will become. Previous writing experience not required. This workshop is free and open to all women veterans, all eras, all separation statuses and servicemembers. Be supported by healthy camaraderie, clear communication and community empowerment. - Register at Website.
Mini Stand Down - Montgomery County
- Fourth Saturday every month, 10 a.m.-Noon - Vets Island at Memorial Park, 251 Manatawny St., Pottstown, PA 19464 (Montgomery County) - Point of contact: call 610-372-8267 or email info@TeamVCOP.org - Rain or shine, clothing, a hot meal and more free stuff. - Website.
Coffee And Camaraderie
- Third Friday of every month, 9 a.m. - Heisey's Diner, 1740 PA-72, Lebanon, PA (Lebanon County) - Point of Contact: Compeer CORPS of Lebanon County, at 717-272-8317 - Veterans are invited to meet on the third Friday of every month to share stories and friendship. RSVP is required.
Franklin County MilitaryShare
- First Tuesday of Every Month, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. - 425 Franklin Farm Lane, Chambersburg, PA (Franklin County) - Point of Contact: John McPaul, at 717-263-4326 or email email@example.com - MilitaryShare, a program of the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, sponsors this fresh express mobile food distribution, for families with at least one member who served or is serving in the armed forces. Pre-registration and proof of military service are required. - Website.
Just For Today Veteran's Social Hour
- Third Tuesday of every month, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. - Just for Today (JFT), 1337 East Market St., York, PA (York County) - The YWCA of Greater Harrisburg's Veteran Opioid Support Services Program hosts a monthly veteran's social hour along with JFT and Veteran Support Services. - Website.
Medically Assisted Recovery Support Group
- Every Tuesday, 7 p.m. - JFT Recovery and Veterans Support Services, downstairs meeting room, 300 Market St., Lemoyne, PA (Cumberland County) - For more information call 717-695-6253 or visit Website. - This is a 12-step based program of recovery for those utilizing medically assisted treatment; however, anyone is welcome, no matter your program of recovery.
MilitaryShare Mobile Food Distribution - Mechanicsburg
- Third Wednesday of the month, 2-4 p.m. - Calvary Lutheran Church, 208 Woods Dr., Mechanicsburg, PA (Cumberland County) - Pre-registration is required. Robert Ardner at 717-682-1012 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Jeff Douden at 717-364-4475 or email@example.com - Designed to provide fresh, nutritious foods for families with at least one member who served or is serving in the armed forces. Proof of military service is required, such as military ID or VA Medical Card, DD-214.
Veterans Breakfast Club Happy Hour Webinar
- Every Monday at 7 p.m. - Contact Shaun Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org. - Veterans share their stories and take questions from a live online audience. - To access the live-streamed events visit Website.
Veterans Resource Rally On Site Services Available Open To Veterans And Their Families
- Third Wednesday of the month - For the love of a veteran, 1082 Carlisle St., Hanover, PA (York County) - For more information contact Chris Waltz 717-451-2511 or email at email@example.com - Representatives on site to assist with veteran benefits, housing resources, employment, VA eligibility, military share food program.
Virtual VA Benefits Appointments
- Available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. - Do you have questions about your VA benefits? Contact Pittsburgh Regional Office via email at PCU.VBAPIT@va.gov or call 412.360.2832 to schedule a virtual appointment.
Walkthrough Of Veterans ASCEND Virtually
- Every Friday - This brief covers how easy it is for service members, veterans, and military family members to set up a profile, shows a glimpse of how the business side works, and gives you an opportunity to ask questions about the program. Walk through the process of creating a profile, sneak a peak of the business view, and ask your questions. - Website.