This listing is offered as a service to individuals and organizations to promote their veteran and military-oriented events being held in Pennsylvania. The information is taken directly from emailed submissions from requestors. DMVA is not responsible for incorrect information submitted.
2022 VA Pittsburgh Annual Caregiver Support Virtual Resource Fair
- May 12, 2022, 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. - Point of Contact: Vanessa Beck, at 412-822-2364 or email email@example.com - Participants have the opportunity to learn about new VA and community caregiver support services, from providers including the VA Pittsburgh Caregiver Support Program, NAMS Caregiver Solutions, and the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank. - Website.
Central PA Vietnam Roundtable
- May 12, 2022, 7:30 p.m. - Vietnam Veterans of America Michael J. Novosel MOH Capital Chapter 542, 8000 Derry St., Harrisburg, PA (Dauphin County) - Point of Contact: Richard Burton, at 717-545-2336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - Hummelstown resident Greg Gaffney will discuss his experiences as a radar operator/communications specialist in the Air Force with the 1882nd communications squadron. - Website.
Chaplain Services Moral Injury And Suicide Prevention Virtual Seminar
- May 12, 2022, 10 a.m.-Noon - The Erie VA Medical Center Chaplain Service invites regional clergy, spiritual workers, and lay leaders with a passion for veterans to participate in its Virtual Moral Injury and Suicide Prevention Seminar. - Point of Contact: Erie VA Chaplain Services, at 814-860-2537
VA Hosts Webinar To Discuss VA Benefits, Programs, And Services
- May 12, 2022, 1-2:30 p.m. - Point of Contact: Trulesta Pauling, at 202-461-8936 or email email@example.com. - Join the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships, and the Veterans Benefit Administration Outreach, as they host a collaborative webinar to present information about VA benefits, programs, and services. Participants can use the WebEx mobile app, using the link below, or call in with the number 404-397-1596 and entering access code 27627654170. - Website.
Virtual Class On Gulf War Exposures And Health Concerns
- May 12, 2022, 1:30-3 p.m. - Veterans with questions or concerns about Gulf War exposures, research findings, health effects, available resources, and steps to manage symptoms can register to participate in this virtual presentation . - Website.
Carry The Load 1st Annual Pittsburgh Relay And Rally
- May 13, 2022, relay meets at 1:30 p.m., starts at 2 p.m.; rally runs 5-6:30 p.m. - Relay, Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall and Museum, 4141 5th Ave., Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County) - Rally, Riverwalk Park near Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County) - Free relay and rally to honor the sacrifices of our nation's military and first responder heroes. - Website.
Connect With Fellow Pittsburgh-Area Women Veterans
- May 13, 2022, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. - University of Pittsburgh William Pitt Union, Room 630, Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County) - RISE Veterans, in partnership with the VA's Office of Women's Health and The Office of Veterans Services at the University of Pittsburgh, invites all veterans who identify as women to attend this workshop to learn more about VA health care services. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. - Website.
Resource Fair For Veterans And Their Families
- May 13, 2022, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. - Eddystone Lighthouse Hall, 1401 9th Street Eddystone, PA (Delaware County) - Point of Contact: Sonyaa Kitchen, at 215-627-0238 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. - Various community veterans service organizations, as well as community representatives such as Mission BBQ, will be on hand to offer resources to veterans and their families.
Restored Huey Helicopter Landing As Part Of Red Land Library Vietnam War Program
- May 14, 2022, 2-4 p.m. - Newberry Commons Shopping Center, 70 Newberry Commons, Etters, PA (York County) - Red Land Community Library, at 717-938-5599 - A restored Huey helicopter that flew during the Vietnam War is scheduled to land at Newberry Commons Shopping Center, location of the Red Land Community Library. The Huey - Bell UH1 Iroquios - is part of the library's month-long display about the war.
Lebanon VA Medical Center Virtual Annual Caregiver Summit
- May 17, 2022, 9 a.m.-Noon - Lebanon VA Caregiver Support, at 717-228-5996 - The Annual Caregiver Summit, held via WebEx, is hosted by Lebanon VA Medical Center Caregiver Support Program, to inform community stakeholders about the resources available to them through the VA. - Website.
Lebanon VA Hosts VA2K Walk And Roll
- May 18, 2022, 11 a.m. - Lebanon VA Medical Center, 1700 S. Lincoln Ave., Lebanon, PA (Lebanon County) - Point of Contact: Michelle Ayers, at 717-272-6621, x5596 or email email@example.com - The community is invited to participate in the 12th annual VA2K Walk and Roll event, which has a dual of of encouraging physical activity while at the same time raising donations for homeless veterans. Participants are encouraged to bring donations of clothing, toiletries, packaged food or bottled water.
Virtual Elderly Veteran Outreach Symposium
- May 19, 2022, 1-2:30 p.m. - The Veterans Benefits Administration Outreach, Transition and Economic Development sponsors this symposium featuring speakers who will provide information on benefits, services, and resources available for the elderly veteran population and the family members, caregivers, individuals, and organizations who support and advocate for them. - Website.
VA Medical Center Video Conference Outreach: Butler
- May 20, 2022, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. - Butler VA Medical Center, 325 New Castle Rd., Butler, PA (Butler County) - Point of Contact: Butler VA Medical Center, at 878-271-6119 or 878-271-6120 - Veterans have the opportunity to meet with a representative from the Pittsburgh VA Regional office via video conference. Attendees must call to schedule an appointment.
6th Annual Cambria County Hero Hike
- May 21, 2022, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. - Nanty Glo Trailhead, 902 Chestnut St., Nanty Glo, PA (Cambria County) - Call Veteran Community Initiatives at 814-255-0355. - Celebrate Armed Forces Day with a 7.5-mile hike along the Ghost Town Trail, followed by a brief ceremony at the Pfc. Peter Coleman Memorial Underpass. Call to register.
American Legion Golf Outing To Support Veterans
- May 21, 2022, starting at 8 a.m. - Shepherd Hills Golf Club, 1160 S. Krocks Rd. Wescosville, PA (Lehigh County) - Point of Contact: Sarah Buck, firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-762-7602 - Golf outing sponsored by American Legion Post #576 in support of suicide awareness programs for veterans.
Brigadier General (PA) Maureen Weigl To Speak At Southern Chester County Chamber Breakfast
- May 24, 2022, 7:30 a.m. - The Mendenhall Inn, 323 Kennett Pike, Mendenhall, PA (Chester County) - Southern Chester County Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Cheryl Kuhn, at 610-444-0774 or email email@example.com - Brigadier General Maureen Weigl, Pennsylvania's Deputy Adjutant General for Veterans Affairs, will be the keynote speaker for the Southern Chester County Chamber of Commerce 7th Annual Inspirational Breakfast, speaking on the topic Together We Serve.
PA Cares Military Task Force Hosts Virtual Training Summit
- May 24, 2022, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. - This half-day training event will focus on the promotion of wellness within the lives of servicemembers, veterans, and their families. Selected topics include: military culture, veteran wellness, veteran program funding, and benefits. Pre-registration with administrative approval is required, and registrants must have a TRAIN PA account. - Website.
The Wall That Heals Comes To Erie
- May 27-30, 2022, open 24 hours until 2 p.m. closing day - Zem Zem Shrine Club, 2525 W. 38th St., Erie PA (Erie County) - Visit the Vietnam Veterans Memorial replica and mobile education center as it comes to Erie. A motorcycle escort for the wall's arrival will take place on May 25. - Website.
Veteran's Leadership Program Resource Fair
- May 27, 2022, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. - 2934 Smallman St., Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County) - Veterans and their families are invited to join representatives from the Veteran's Leadership Program, and meet with service organizations from throughout the community.
EMS Angels MCXXVII 1st Annual PTSD Ride
- June 5, 2022, 8:45 a.m. registration - Stars And Stripes Harley-Davidson, 600 S. Flowers Mill Rd., Langhorne (Bucks County) - All proceeds from this ride benefit For the Love of a Veteran, an organization dedicated to making veterans lives a little easier. Hamburgers and hot dogs will be served at the conclusion of the ride. - Website.
Hero's Helping Hero's Golf Tournament
- June 6, 2022, 6 a.m. registration/8 a.m. shotgun start and 11:30 a.m. registration/1 p.m. shotgun start - Mount Airy Casino Resort and Spa, 312 Woodland Rd, Mt. Pocono, PA (Lawrence County) - Point of Contact: Janice McAllister, at 570-961-4380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - Mount Airy Casino Resort and Spa hosts this golf tournament along with the Fraternal Order of Police. All proceeds will benefit the Gino J. Merli Veterans' Center Resident Welfare Fund. - Website.
Military Appreciation Show At Hollywood Casino, Penn National Race Course
- June 4, 2022, 5 p.m. - Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course, 777 Hollywood Blvd., Grantville, PA (Dauphin County) - Craig Morgan and LOCASH perform a military appreciation concert as part of IHeart Radio's outdoor concert series.
Project New Hope Announces Retreat Weekends
- June 25-29, 2022 and July 9-13, 2022 - PA Lions Beacon Lodge Camp, 114 State Route 103 South, Mount Union, PA (Huntingdon County) - Jan Adams, Project New Hope chairperson, at 717-732-2291 or email email@example.com - Pennsylvania veterans disabled as a result of military service or suffering with PTSD and emotional issues are eligible and welcome to attend Project New Hope retreat weekends. Lodging and all meals are free for veterans and their immediate family members. -
Register For Step Up For PTSD Awareness Virtual Walk
- June 2022 - Join the National Center for PTSD this June and virtually step up to raise awareness of PTSD. - Website.
- June 2, 2022, 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. - Blue Ridge Sportsman Club, 1176 N Fairville Ave., Harrisburg, PA (Dauphin County) - Point of Contact: Erica Blake, at 717-891-8432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. - This event is a charity clay shoot benefiting the Veterans Outreach of PA & Special Operations Warrior Foundation. Food, beverage, and 12-gauge ammunition will be provided. - Website.
Patriots and Paws Holds 2nd Annual Poker Run And Bike Show
- Aug. 6, 2022, 9 a.m. -5 p.m. - Cigars International Super Store, 1635 Mountain Rd Hamburg, PA (Schuylkill County) - Point of Contact: Tracy Hausknecht, Program Director, at 267-733-7294 or email at email@example.com - Sons of Blackwater Military Motorcycle Club host this event, which supports Tails of Valor. In addition to the poker run and bike show, the day includes live music, food, and activities for kids. - Website.
Franklin County MilitaryShare
- First Tuesday of Every Month, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. - 425 Franklin Farm Lane, Chambersburg, PA (Franklin County) - Point of Contact: John McPaul, at 717-263-4326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - MilitaryShare, a program of the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, sponsors this fresh express mobile food distribution, for families with at least one member who served or is serving in the armed forces. Pre-registration and proof of military service are required. - Website.
Empowerment Workshops For All Veterans
- Second Monday and fourth Sunday of every month - This is a workshop that utilizes free writing, breathing techniques and community agreements. Free writing is allowing the freedom of thoughts and ideas to flow unto the paper without judgment or expectation of what it will become. Previous writing experience not required. This workshop is free and open to all veterans, all eras, all separation statuses and service members. Be supported by healthy camaraderie, and community empowerment. - Register at Website.
VBC Happy Hour Webinar
- Every Monday at 7 p.m. - Contact Ellie DePastino at email@example.com - Veterans share their stories and take questions from a live online audience. - To access the live-streamed events visit Website.
Virtual VA Benefits Appointments
- Available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. - Do you have questions about your VA benefits? Contact Pittsburgh Regional Office via email at PCU.VBAPIT@va.gov or call 412.360.2832 to schedule a virtual appointment.
Generation 9/11 Webinar
- Every fourth Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. - Contact Ellie DePastino at firstname.lastname@example.org - Veterans share their stories and take questions from a live online audience. To commemorate the 20th anniversary of 9/11, we talk with veterans who have served since Sept. 11, 2001. - To access the live-streamed events visit Website.
Medically Assisted Recovery Support Group
- Every Tuesday, 7 p.m. - JFT Recovery and Veterans Support Services, downstairs meeting room, 300 Market St., Lemoyne, PA (Cumberland County) - For more information call 717-695-6253 or visit Website. - This is a 12-step based program of recovery for those utilizing medically assisted treatment; however, anyone is welcome, no matter your program of recovery.
Military Share Mobile Distribution
- Third Wednesday of the month, 2-4 p.m. - Calvary Lutheran Church, 208 Woods Dr., Mechanicsburg, PA (Cumberland County) - Pre-registration is required. Robert Ardner at 717-682-1012 or email@example.com, Jeff Douden at 717-364-4475 or firstname.lastname@example.org - Designed to provide fresh, nutritious foods for families with at least one member who served or is serving in the armed forces. Proof of military service is required, such as military ID or VA Medical Card, DD-214.
Military Share Mobile Distribution
- 1st Friday of Every Month, 1-3 p.m. - Middletown VFW Post 1620, 200Â Pike St., Middletown, PA (Dauphin County) - Pre-registration is required. Domon Barr at 717-919-6955 or email@example.com, Mary-Kate Cowher at 717-836-4036 or firstname.lastname@example.org - Designed to provide fresh, nutritious foods for families with at least one member who served or is serving in the armed forces. Proof of military service is required, such as military ID or VA Medical Card, DD-214.
Veterans Breakfast Club Webinar
- Every Wednesday at 9 a.m. - Contact Ellie DePastino at email@example.com - Veterans share their stories and take questions from a live online audience. - To access the live-streamed events visit Website.
Veterans Resource Rally On Site Services Available Open To Veterans And Their Families
- Third Wednesday of the month - For the love of a veteran, 1082 Carlisle St., Hanover, PA (York County) - For more information contact Chris Waltz 717-451-2511 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org - Representatives on site to assist with veteran benefits, housing resources, employment, VA eligibility, military share food program.
- 2nd Thursday of the month - 4334 SR 29 S. Noxen, PA (Wyoming County) - Patriots Cove is nestled in the mountains of Noxen, an 18-acre refuge is wheelchair friendly and includes a facility with a lodge home, activities building and a trout stream. Originally a project to protect the Beaver Run waterway, the Cove has been fully restored as a native brook trout conservation and continues to support the surrounding wildlife and ecosystem. Events and activities are exclusive to injured veterans and first responders and their caregivers. Fishing retreats and caregiver activities are free of charge which include meals, lodging, and supplies. Apply for an upcoming event by clicking the tabs above for fishing or caregiver events. Patriots Cove can serve up to five veterans and/or first responders and five caregiversÂ per event. Special needs including care and diet must be coordinated prior to the event participants are registered for. - Website.
Walkthrough Of Veterans ASCEND Virtually
- Every Friday - This brief covers how easy it is for servicemembers, veterans, and military family members to set up a profile, shows a glimpse of how the business side works, and gives you an opportunity to ask questions about the program. Walk through the process of creating a profile, sneak a peak of the business view, and ask your questions. - Website.
Empowerment Workshops For Women Veterans
- First and third Sundays of every month, 1-3 p.m. - This is a workshop that utilizes free writing, breathing techniques and community agreements. Free writing is allowing the freedom of thoughts and ideas to flow unto the paper without judgment or expectation of what it will become. Previous writing experience not required. This workshop is free and open to all women veterans, all eras, all separation statuses and service members. Be supported by healthy camaraderie, clear communication and community empowerment. - Register at Website.
Mini Stand Down - Berks County
- Second Saturday of every month, 10 a.m.-Noon - City Park, Lower Parking Lot, Reading, PA (Berks County) - Point of contact: call 610-372-8267 or email info@TeamVCOP.org - Rain or shine, clothing, a hot meal and more free stuff. - Website.
Mini Stand Down - Montgomery County
- Fourth Saturday every month, 10 a.m.-Noon - Vets Island at Memorial Park, 251 Manatawny St., Pottstown, PA 19464 (Montgomery County) - Point of contact: call 610-372-8267 or email info@TeamVCOP.org - Rain or shine, clothing, a hot meal and more free stuff. - Website.