This listing is offered as a service to individuals and organizations to promote their veteran and military-oriented events being held in Pennsylvania. The information is taken directly from emailed submissions from requestors. DMVA is not responsible for incorrect information submitted.
Disabled American Veterans Hosts Free Veterans Benefit Information Seminar
- Sept. 22, 2022, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. - American Legion Post 338, 2200 Grasslyn Ave, Havertown, PA (Delaware County) - Point of Contact: Robert Hall, Chapter Commander, at 610-543-1699 or email email@example.com - Disabled American Veteran national service officers will be on hand to educate veterans and their families on specific veterans benefits and services, as well as provide claim filing assistance. Veterans should bring ID, Social Security number and other pertinent documents concerning military service.
Home Firearm Safety And Defense Planning Course
- Sept. 22, 2022, 4-8 p.m. - Chester County Council Boy Scouts of America, PARC Center, 1 Scouting Way, Exton, PA (Chester County) - Point of Contact: Shardae Wescott, at 484-744-3269 - This is a free event for servicemembers, veterans and their families to receive certification in home firearm safety and defense planning. Prospective attendees must RSVP by Sept. 9, 2022.
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center Wilkes-Barre To Hold Virtual Town Hall Meeting
- Sept. 22, 2022, 5 p.m. - Point of Contact: John Baloga, at 570-824-3521, Ext. 24756 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - Veterans, family members, community stakeholders and the public are invited to log in and attend an open forum virtual meeting with Russell Lloyd, Medical Center Director. - Website.
Philadelphia VA Medical To Host Women Veterans-Only Town Hall
- Sept. 22, 2022, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Crescenz (Philadelphia) VA Medical Center, 3900 Woodland Ave., Philadelphia, PA, 7th Floor in the LVA (Philadelphia County) - Point of Contact: Rita Chappelle, at 215-687-0907 or email email@example.com - Medical Center Director Karen Flaherty-Oxler, along with health care and mental health services providers, are participating in this in-person and virtual town hall event. - Website.
17th Annual Delaware County Suicide Prevention And Awareness Task Force 5K Run/Walk
- Sept. 24, 2022, 8 a.m. - Ridley Creek State Park, Pavilion 11A and B, 351 Gradyville Rd., Newtown Square, PA (Delaware County) - Point of Contact: Karen Chang, at 610-487-4876 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - Join veterans, VA employees and the general public in running a 5k through beautiful Ridley Creek State Park, all to raise awareness of suicide prevention efforts. The race will be held rain or shine. - Website.
5K Run And One Mile Walk for PTSD Awareness
- Sept. 24, 2022, 9 a.m. - 1500 N. 2nd St. Harrisburg, PA - Point of Contact: Vet Center at (717)782-3954 - Vet Center hosts a 5K Run and one mile walk for PTSD Awareness. Refreshments, music, and veteran resources to follow after the run/walk. Details at https://runsignup.com/Race/PA/Harrisburg/Harrisburg5KRunWalkforPTSDAwareness - Website.
Aerial Show Scheduled For Veterans Community Day
- Sept. 24, 2022, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. - Veterans Island at Memorial Park, 251 Manatawny St., Pottstown, PA (Montgomery County) - Point of Contact: Michael Murphy, at 610-587-6556 - This free public event honoring veterans features the Jersey Jerks aerial team, which will present a special tribute with WWII planes. - Website.
Ride For Scouting
- Sept. 24, 2022, registration at 7:30 a.m., kickstands up at 9:30 a.m. - Appalachian Harley-Davidson, 6695 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA (Cumberland County) - Point of Contact: New Birth of Freedom Council Scouts, at 717-418-9331 or email email@example.com - Hop on your bike for a worthy cause with this ride to benefit the scout camps of New Birth of Freedom council. Activities include a silent auction, poker run, archery, food and live music.
Wings, Wheels And Pancakes Fly-in/Drive-in Breakfast
- Sept. 24 and 25, 2022, 8 a.m.-Noon - Gettysburg Regional Airport, 1130 Chambersburg Rd., Gettysburg, PA (Adams County) - Point of Contact: Henry Hartman, at 717-637-3741 - Local aeronautics organization hosts a two-day breakfast, complete with pancakes, eggs, sausage and home fries. Antique and classic vehicles welcome. Event to be held rain or shine. Proceeds to benefit various aviation programs for youth. - Website.
Annual Butterfly Release Scheduled In Honor Of Lives Lost To Suicide
- Sept. 25, 2022, 3-6 p.m. - John Wright Restaurant, 234 North Front St., Wrightsville, PA (York County) - The 7th annual Butterflies on the Lawn event honors the life of CPL Trent Bartz (USAR), as well as the lives of any loved ones who lost their lives by suicide, with a butterfly release along the river. Participants can purchase a butterfly at the event. Food and entertainment will also be available. - Website.
Coffee And Conversations Events For Women Veterans
- Sept. 27, 2022, 10 a.m.-Noon - 210 E. 7th Ave., Homestead, PA (Allegheny County) - Point of Contact: Jessica King, at firstname.lastname@example.org - Veterans Leadership Program hosts two Veterans Helping Veterans events for women veterans. Connect with other veterans over coffee and bagels. Children are welcome. - Website.
Battle Buddy Response Team To Speak At Alexander Hamilton Memorial Free Library
- Sept. 28, 2022, 1-2 p.m. - Alexander Hamilton Memorial Free Library, 45 East Main St., Waynesboro, PA (Franklin County) - Guest speaker Samuel Rock, founder and president of the board of Battle Buddy Response Team, will speak on the topic of suicide awareness and prevention for veterans and their families. - Website.
Virtual Presentation On Understanding Trauma, From A Military Perspective
- Sept. 28, 2022, 9-11 a.m. - Point of Contact: Katie Stenger, at 716-673-5017 or email email@example.com - This presentation is designed to discuss the connection between brain functions and potential innocuous things that could also be reactions to trauma, with a goal of increasing cultural competence in working with the military community. - Website.
7th Annual Ride For Trails Set In Adams County
- Oct. 1, 2022, 8 a.m. - Gettysburg Area Recreation Park, 545 Long Ln., Gettysburg, PA (Adams County) - Point of Contact: Eric Meyer, at 717-398-2949 - This bike event, sponsored by Healthy Adams Bicycle/Pedestrian, Inc., consists of three different routes, to accommodate riders of all experience levels, but all include Gettysburg National Military Park. Lunch is provided after all rides. - Website.
Robin's Home 3rd Annual Clay Shoot Fundraiser
- Oct. 1, 2022, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. - Castlewood Rod and Gun Club, 2964 Shaffer Rd., Ellwood City, PA (Beaver County) - This 3rd annual clay shoot fundraiser benefits Robin's Home, which provides housing for female veterans and their families. The day includes lunch, door prizes, and a golf cart. Participants must provide their own guns and ammo. Registration deadline is Sept. 16, 2022. - Website.
Montgomery County Recorder Of Deeds Veterans' Resource Fair
- Oct. 4, 2022, 10 a.m.-Noon - 1430 Dekalb Street, Norristown, PA (Montgomery County) - Point of Contact: Leann Pettit, at 610-278-3289 or email RODNews@montcopa.org - The Recorder of Deeds office will be recording veteranâ€™s military discharge papers, providing veterans discount ID cards, and signing homeowners up for FraudSleuth. There will also be information and services from Montgomery County departments including veterans affairs and senior services. - Website.
Free Veterans Resource Fair Scheduled On The Grounds of DMVA's Southwestern Veterans' Center
- Sept. 16, 2022, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. - Southwestern Veterans' Center, 7060 Highland Dr., Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County) - Point of Contact: Brian Beach, at 724-719-0860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - The Southwestern Veterans' Center is hosting this free resource fair for veterans and military families. Food trucks will be on site.
Registration Is Open For PA Department Of Aging's LGBTQ Virtual Aging Summit
- Oct. 6, 2022, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and Oct. 7, 2022, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Registration is now open for the free 2022 PA LGBTQ Aging Summit, sponsored by AARP. Organizers encourage individuals who are impacted by multiple stigmatized and discredited identities to join and share in this event. - Website.
Vietnam War Memorial Dedication At Indiantown Gap National Cemetery
- Oct. 8, 2022, Noon - Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, 60 Indiantown Gap Rd., Annville, PA (Lebanon County) - The dedication ceremony, to be held in the area of columbarium A and B, will include a Huey flyover, flag ceremony, taps, rifle salute and key speaker presentations. Attendees can then visit the actual memorial, which is located near area 24C. - Website.
Hanover VFW To Host YVN Breakfast
- Oct. 11, 2022, 7:30 a.m. - Hanover VFW, 19 McKinley Ave., Hanover, PA (York County) - Point of Contact: Bill Fallon, at 717-767-7600, Ext. 232 or email email@example.com - The Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry workforce partnership is bringing back this monthly breakfast for representatives and organizers who help to support the Hanover veteran community. Please R.S.V.P. for the event.
Civil War Soldier Headstone Unveiling
- Oct. 15, 2022, 11 a.m. - Mt. Moriah Cemetery, 1004 Cobbs Creek Pkwy., Yeadon, PA (Delaware County) - The Sons of Union Veterans presents Pvt. Charles Sigmund headstone unveiling. Pvt. Sigmund was found to be buried in an unmarked grave in Philadelphia for 94 years. All are welcome to attend the headstone unveiling. - Website.
Capital Region Veterans Coalition And JFT York Present Veterans Camping Retreat
- Oct. 21-23, 2022, beginning at 3 p.m. - Gifford Pinchot State Park, 2200 Rosstown Rd., Lewisberry, PA (York County) - Point of Contact: Ken Dunn, at firstname.lastname@example.org - Join other veterans at this free camping retreat. Tents, sleeping bags and sleeping pads are provided to those who need them. Meals are provided. R.S.V.P. by Oct. 6, 2022. - Website.
Williamsport Vet Center Hosts Words Of Warriors
- Oct. 23, 2022, 3-5 p.m. - Community Arts Center, 220 W 4th St, Williamsport, PA (Lycoming County) - Point of Contact: Williamsport Vet Center, at 570-327-5281 or email email@example.com - Local veterans and their families share personal combat stories of their lives before, during and after combat. A reception will follow the event. Please call Williamsport Vet Center to register.
Gettysburg YWCA Community Spirit 10-Miler
- Oct. 30, 2022, 8-11 a.m. - Gettysburg YWCA, 909 Fairfield Rd., Gettysburg, PA (Adams County) - Beginning from the YWCA, this 10-mile running journey will incorporate borough and battlefield, providing an experience like no other event staged in this area. The entry fee for the first 100 registrants is $65, a $20 savings from the standard registration cost. - Website.
Small Business Administration Offers Virtual Boots To Business Reboot Class
- Nov. 1, 2022, 8 a.m.-Noon - Point of Contact: Jonathan Bennett, at 412-799-6052 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - This online course covers business fundamentals, including evaluating business feasibility, legal organization options, and financing opportunities. Reboot is designed for veterans of all eras, Reservists, National Guard members, transitioning military members, and their spouses interested in starting a small business or currently in business for two years or less. - Website.
Annual Veterans Appreciation Luncheon
- Nov. 2, 2022, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. - American Legion Post 778, 150 Legion Memorial Ln., Lyndora, PA (Butler County) - All Butler County veterans and a guest are welcome to attend this free luncheon, hosted by PA State Rep. Marci Mustello. Reservations are required by Oct. 26, 2022. - Website.
7th Annual Butler County Stand Down
- Nov. 4, 2022, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. - General Butler Vagabond Center, 138 Whitestown Rd., Lyndora, PA (Butler County) - Point of Contact: Allyson Rose, at 724-284-5114 or email email@example.com - Stand down is a day of free services, supports, and resources for all veterans, the homeless, and others in need. Veterans with proof of veteran status can join from 11 a.m.-Noon. All others are welcome to join from Noon-1:30 p.m. - Website.
- Dec. 7 and 8, 2022 - Point of Contact: Psychostimulant Symposium Planning Team, at ra-daPAPSSymposium@pa.gov - The Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs is partnering with Liberty Mid-Atlantic High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area for the 4th Annual Psychostimulant Symposium. This two-day virtual event will feature both plenaries and regional breakout sessions. - Website.
Military Share Mobile Food Distribution - Middletown
- 1st Friday of Every Month, 12 p.m. - Middletown VFW Post 1620, 200Â Pike St., Middletown, PA (Dauphin County) - Pre-registration is required. Mary-Kate Cowher at 717-836-4036 or firstname.lastname@example.org - Designed to provide fresh, nutritious foods for families with at least one member who served or is serving in the armed forces. Proof of military service is required, such as military ID or VA Medical Card, DD-214.
Mini Stand Down - Berks County
- Second Saturday of every month, 10 a.m.-Noon - City Park, Lower Parking Lot, Reading, PA (Berks County) - Point of contact: call 610-372-8267 or email info@TeamVCOP.org - Rain or shine, clothing, a hot meal and more free stuff. - Website.
Empowerment Workshops For Women Veterans
- First and third Sundays of every month, 1-3 p.m. - This is a workshop that utilizes free writing, breathing techniques and community agreements. Free writing is allowing the freedom of thoughts and ideas to flow unto the paper without judgment or expectation of what it will become. Previous writing experience not required. This workshop is free and open to all women veterans, all eras, all separation statuses and service members. Be supported by healthy camaraderie, clear communication and community empowerment. - Register at Website.
Mini Stand Down - Montgomery County
- Fourth Saturday every month, 10 a.m.-Noon - Vets Island at Memorial Park, 251 Manatawny St., Pottstown, PA 19464 (Montgomery County) - Point of contact: call 610-372-8267 or email info@TeamVCOP.org - Rain or shine, clothing, a hot meal and more free stuff. - Website.
Coffee And Camaraderie
- Third Friday of every month, 9 a.m. - Heisey's Diner, 1740 PA-72, Lebanon, PA (Lebanon County) - Point of Contact: Compeer CORPS of Lebanon County, at 717-272-8317 - Veterans are invited to meet on the third Friday of every month to share stories and friendship. RSVP is required.
Franklin County MilitaryShare
- First Tuesday of Every Month, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. - 425 Franklin Farm Lane, Chambersburg, PA (Franklin County) - Point of Contact: John McPaul, at 717-263-4326 or email email@example.com - MilitaryShare, a program of the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, sponsors this fresh express mobile food distribution, for families with at least one member who served or is serving in the armed forces. Pre-registration and proof of military service are required. - Website.
Just For Today Veteran's Social Hour
- Third Tuesday of every month, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. - Just for Today (JFT), 1337 East Market St., York, PA (York County) - The YWCA of Greater Harrisburg's Veteran Opioid Support Services Program hosts a monthly veteran's social hour along with JFT and Veteran Support Services. - Website.
Medically Assisted Recovery Support Group
- Every Tuesday, 7 p.m. - JFT Recovery and Veterans Support Services, downstairs meeting room, 300 Market St., Lemoyne, PA (Cumberland County) - For more information call 717-695-6253 or visit Website. - This is a 12-step based program of recovery for those utilizing medically assisted treatment; however, anyone is welcome, no matter your program of recovery.
MilitaryShare Mobile Food Distribution - Mechanicsburg
- Third Wednesday of the month, 2-4 p.m. - Calvary Lutheran Church, 208 Woods Dr., Mechanicsburg, PA (Cumberland County) - Pre-registration is required. Robert Ardner at 717-682-1012 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Jeff Douden at 717-364-4475 or email@example.com - Designed to provide fresh, nutritious foods for families with at least one member who served or is serving in the armed forces. Proof of military service is required, such as military ID or VA Medical Card, DD-214.
Veterans Breakfast Club Happy Hour Webinar
- Every Monday at 7 p.m. - Contact Shaun Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org. - Veterans share their stories and take questions from a live online audience. - To access the live-streamed events visit Website.
Veterans Resource Rally On Site Services Available Open To Veterans And Their Families
- Third Wednesday of the month - For the love of a veteran, 1082 Carlisle St., Hanover, PA (York County) - For more information contact Chris Waltz 717-451-2511 or email at email@example.com - Representatives on site to assist with veteran benefits, housing resources, employment, VA eligibility, military share food program.
Virtual VA Benefits Appointments
- Available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. - Do you have questions about your VA benefits? Contact Pittsburgh Regional Office via email at PCU.VBAPIT@va.gov or call 412.360.2832 to schedule a virtual appointment.
Walkthrough Of Veterans ASCEND Virtually
- Every Friday - This brief covers how easy it is for service members, veterans, and military family members to set up a profile, shows a glimpse of how the business side works, and gives you an opportunity to ask questions about the program. Walk through the process of creating a profile, sneak a peak of the business view, and ask your questions. - Website.