Amputee and Paralyzed Veteran Pension
Purpose: Provides eligible Amputee and Paralyzed Veterans a pension of $150.00 per month.
Veteran’s eligibility criteria:
- Served in the military honorably.
- Resident of Pennsylvania upon entering the military.
- Suffered a service-connected injury or incurred a disease resulting in the loss or loss of use of two or more extremities (arms/hands or legs/feet).
- At least a 40% disability rating compensation rating or higher in each limb as determined and certified by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
Statute: Chapter 77, Title 51
Chapter 77, Title 51 (Increased amount of pension to $150)
Amended Section 7702, of Title 51, SB 1129, Act 180, signed 10/22/2014.
Procedures: Chapter 5, Title 43
Where to apply?
Contact the County Veterans Affairs Director in the county you reside to apply for this program.
What documentation is needed to apply?
- Need a copy of last military service DD214
- Proof of Pennsylvania residency upon entering the military
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs Code Sheet