Pennsylvania State Veterans Commission
The Pennsylvania State Veterans Commission is established in accordance with Title 51 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes. It is comprised of representatives of all major veterans
organizations throughout the commonwealth, as well as a representative of the
Association of County Directors for Veterans Affairs. The Commission is tasked
with advising the Adjutant General and the department on all matters pertaining
to the status, welfare, benefits, employment and support of veterans and
veterans' programs in this Commonwealth. It meets regularly to consider, among other things, pending legislation at the Federal and State levels that is of
interest to veterans.
The State Veterans Commission is comprised of:
- The Adjutant General, ex officio, or designee
- The State Commander, Commandant, or head of his designee of each of the following named veterans organizations:
- Four members at large appointed by the Governor each of whom shall be a veteran and a member in good or regular standing of a Pennsylvania branch, post, lodge or club of a recognized national veterans organization active in the commonwealth. At least one member shall be a female veteran, and at least one member shall be a veteran of the Vietnam Era.
- The State Adjutants of the American Legion, the Disabled American Veterans and the Veterans of Foreign Wars and the Executive Director of AMVETS serve as nonvoting members.
Sunshine Law Meeting Notice
All meetings are in compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title II; Subtitle A, nondiscrimination in State and Local Government Services. Anyone wishing to attend this meeting who needs special accommodation due to a disability, please contact 7717-861-6510.
Please be advised that all presentation materials are posted on the PA State Veterans Commission webpage prior to the official meeting, and open to the public to review.
The meeting will be accessible telephonically by calling 1-877-985-7017 and when prompted enter access code: 77087117.
Arrowheads Community Club Mask Policy: All persons entering the Arrowheads Community Club must be wearing a mask; once you arrive at your destination within the club you are allowed to unmask yourself. You must again re-mask when exiting.
The following is the meeting readahead documents for Arrowheads Community Club at Fort Indiantown Gap on Jan. 7, 2022 Readahead (PDF), and Change from in-person to virual meeting.
- 2021 Meeting Schedule (PDF)
- SVC, Dec. 3, 2021 Readahead (PDF)
- SVC, Oct. 8, 2021 Readahead (PDF)
- SVC, Sept. 10, 2021 Readahead (PDF)
- SVC, June 4, 2021 Readahead (PDF)
- SVC, April 2, 2021 Readahead (PDF)
- SVC, Feb. 5, 2021 Readahead (PDF)
- SVC, Dec. 4, 2020 Meeting Readahead (PDF)
- SVC, Oct. 2,2020 Meeting Readahead (PDF)
- SVC, June 5, 2020 Meeting Readahead (PDF)
- SVC, Dec. 6, 2019 Meeting Readahead (PDF)
- SVC, Oct. 11, 2019 Meeting Readahead (PDF)
- SVC, Sept. 6, 2019 Meeing Readahead (PDF)
- SVC, June 7, 2019 Meeting Readahead
- SVC, April 5, 2019 Meeting Readahead
- 2019 Meeting Schedule (PDF)
- Slides and Minutes
For questions on meetings and commission information, email us at RA-SVC@pa.gov or call us at 717-861-6510.
Furthermore, all meetings are in compliance with The Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990, Title II; Subtitle A, Nondiscrimination in State and Local Government Services. Anyone wishing to attend these meetings who need special accommodation due to a disability, please call 717-861-6510.