Blind Veterans Pension
Purpose: Provides eligible blind veterans a pension of $150.00 per month.
Veteran’s eligibility criteria:
- Served in the military honorably.
- Resident of Pennsylvania upon entering the military.
- Suffered a service-connected injury or incurred a disease which resulted in loss of vision:
- Visual acuity with correcting lens is 3/60 or 10/200 or equivalent, or less normal vision in the better eye OR
- Includes circumstances where the widest diameter of the visual field of the better eye has contracted to an angular distance of not greater than 20º.
Chapter 77, Title 51 (Increased amount of pension to $100)
Chapter 77, Title 51 (Increased amount of pension to $150)
Procedures: Chapter 5, Title 43
Where to apply?
Contact the County Veterans Affairs Director in the county you reside to apply for this program.
What documentation is needed to apply?
- Need a copy of last military service DD214
- Proof of Pennsylvania residency upon entering the military
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs disability claim number