KSCA Advisory Council
The Keystone State ChalleNGe Academy (KSCA) was established in 2019 and welcomed its first class of cadets in July 2022. The KSCA is designed to give challenged teens a second chance at obtaining their basic education, learn leadership, self-discipline, and responsibility while working toward finishing their education and building a better life.
The KSCA was created under Act 51 of 2018 and is governed by an advisory council, which meets at least quarterly and advises the Adjutant General and the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs regarding the operation of the program.
The advisory council consists of the following:
- The Adjutant General of Pennsylvania, nonvoting/ex officio
- The Deputy Adjutant General - Army, or a designee
- The Deputy Adjutant General - Air, or a designee
- The Secretary of Education or a designee
- Three members of the Senate appointed by the President pro tempore of the Senate, in consultation with the Majority Leader and Minority Leader of the Senate, with two appointees from the majority party and one appointee from the minority party.
- Three members of the House of Representatives appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, in consultation with the Majority Leader and Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, with two appointees from the majority party and one appointee from the minority party.
2023 KSCA Advisory Council Meetings: