Group Life Insurance:
- Free life insurance for all permanent employees after 90 days.
Get special employee-only rates for:
- Supplemental life
- Long-term disability
- Short-term disability
- Critical illness
- Identity theft
- Make saving for college more affordable with a PA 529 account.
- Some agencies offer tuition assistance for job-related higher education.
- Most commonwealth employees are eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
- Save money on family and childcare expenses with pretax payroll deductions with the Dependent Care Account Program.
- Save money on out-of-pocket expenses with pretax payroll deductions with the Health Care Flexible Spending Account program.
- Most employees are eligible for free credit union membership with PSECU.
- Receive discounts on electronics, travel, entertainment, clothes, gifts and more.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical coverage, vision, dental and wellness programs.
- Choice of medical plans
- Prescription drug
- Hearing aid
- Durable medical equipment
Improve your health and quality of life through specific wellness programs for mental and physical wellness, nutrition, weight loss, smoking cessation and more.
- Wellness webinars
- Discounts to gyms
- Weight loss and nutrition programs
- Reduced costs for health benefits by participating in a biometrics screening!
- Financial wellness resources
- Join a team of coworkers to track steps and exercise through these fun and friendly competitions throughout the year.
Free, Confidential Counseling:
- Everyone needs help sometimes. We offer free, confidential counseling referral services for employees and their families through our State Employees Assistance Program (SEAP).
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
- Paid vacation days, paid sick days, paid parental leave and paid military leave.
- Paid time off for most major U.S. holidays.
- Alternative work schedules and telecommuting arrangements available for certain positions.
Free, Confidential Counseling:
- Everyone needs help sometimes. We offer free, confidential counseling referral services for employees and their family members through our State Employees Assistance Program (SEAP). SEAP can assist with personal and relationship, legal and financial issues.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality!
A Plan for Success:
- Supervisors and human resources staff are available to help employees create a customized plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers.
- Access to free training designed for commonwealth employees through the Commonwealth University.
Opportunities to Advance:
- Easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges.
- Retain your leave, health and other benefits when moving between most agencies.
There are also a variety of programs available to help get you where you want to be:
- Commonwealth Mentoring Program: Provides mentoring through voluntary career guidance, networking and leadership development and the transfer of institutional knowledge.
- Emerging Leader Program: Tap into the talents of commonwealth employees who exhibit leadership potential.
- Leadership Development Institute: Professional developmental for employees who demonstrate leadership potential and the ability to succeed in positions of greater responsibility.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving and even special employee-only discounts.
We understand that our most valuable asset is our employees.
- Many agencies have programs to acknowledge outstanding work and achievement.
- The Governor presents the annual state employee Awards for Excellence to individuals and groups who demonstrate exemplary job performance or service.
Our commitment to public service and helping other goes well beyond the workplace. Every year, our employees donate millions of dollars to worthy causes in PA, the nation and the world.
- Donate to your choice of hundreds of participating charities through the State Employee Combined Appeal.
- Convenient pledge options such payroll deductions.