Veteran Town Halls
The Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA) is pleased to announce its 2023 Veteran Town Halls which will focus on the Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics (PACT) Act. Each Town Hall will provide the commonwealth's more than 700,000 veterans with two convenient ways to participate: in-person or call-in.
The new federal PACT Act law expands VA health care and benefits for veterans exposed to burn pits, Agent Orange, and other toxic substances. The Town Halls will provide veterans and their advocates with a convenient platform to learn and ask questions about eligibility and applying for benefits related to the PACT Act.
2023 Veteran Town Hall Details:
- June 14, 2023: Let's Talk - Vet 2 Vet Discussion
- September 27, 2023
- Bloomsburg Fair Veterans Appreciation Day and Panel Discussion at 620 W 3rd. St., Bloomsburg, PA 17815 (behind the Education Building and Stuart Tank display.)
- The resource fair will go from 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Panel discussion from 4-5:30 p.m. Brig. Gen. Maureen Weigl, DMVA deputy adjutant general, Veterans Affairs, will provide opening remarks. Jennifer Spitler, DMVA regional program outreach coordinator, will moderate.
- Panelists for event are:
- Bridget Kingston, Columbia County Office of Veterans Affairs
- Chip Gililand, DMVA Division of Reintegration and Outreach
- Faith Bigelow, PA National Guard Family Programs
- Denise Carey, Scranton Vet Center
- Christine Parsons, Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center
- October 11, 2023
- Resource Fair and Panel Discussion on Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2023, American Legion Post 217, in Topton
- Resource Fair, 1-3 p.m.
- Panel Discussion 4-5:30 p.m.
- No Registration Required
Recordings of 2022 Veteran Town Halls can be viewed at these links: