Brig. Gen. Michael J. Regan Jr.
Deputy Adjutant General - Air
download high-res photo of Brig. Gen. Regan
Brigadier General Michael J. Regan Jr. is the Deputy
Adjutant General–Air for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
He assumed his current duties on Sept. 26, 2016.
He serves as the primary advisor to The Adjutant General on
all matters pertaining to air operations and as the commander
of the Pennsylvania Air National Guard. He is responsible for
the overall operational readiness of the 4,100 assigned
members and for ensuring that they are trained and equipped
to successfully accomplish their federal and state missions.
General Regan enlisted in the Air Force in October 1981 and
transferred to the 111th Fighter Wing, Pennsylvania Air
National Guard in February 1984. He was an Aircraft
Weapons Specialist, Quality Assurance Specialist, Flight
Chief and QA Chief. He attained the rank of Master Sergeant
before being commissioned in 1994 as an Aircraft
Maintenance Officer. He held positions as a Flight, Squadron
and Deputy Group Commander before serving most recently
as the 111th Mission Support Group Commander.
General Regan has also served with the Michigan and
Delaware Air National Guard. He has held various senior leadership roles in his civilian career, most recently as the
Vice-President and Chief Information Officer at Lower Bucks County Hospital in Bristol, PA. Prior to that he held
various management positions during his fifteen years with Siemens Medical Solutions in Malvern, PA. Most recently
he was the Vice-President of Zone Services, responsible for the Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey regions.
He was an adjunct professor of business management and technology at Ursinus College and at the West Chester
University of Pennsylvania for more than ten years. He was deployed in support of Operations SOUTHERN WATCH,
IRAQI FREEDOM and ENDURING FREEDOM.
1994 Bachelor of Science, Business Management, West Chester University, West Chester, Pennsylvania;
1994 ANG Academy of Military Science, McGhee Tyson ANG Base, Knoxville, Tennessee; 2001 Master of Business Administration, West Chester University of Pennsylvania, West Chester, Pennsylvania; 2003 Air Command and Staff College Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama, by correspondence; 2012 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama, by correspondence; 2015 Joint Task Force Commander Training Course, Peterson AFB, Colorado
1. October 1981, Basic Trainee, Air Force Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. December 1981 – February 1982, Student, Aircraft Armament Systems Course, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3. February 1982 – February1984, Weapons Loading Specialist, 33rd TFW, Eglin AFB, Fla.
4. February 1984 – August 1987, Weapons Loading Crew Member, 111th Fighter Wing, Willow Grove, Pa.
5. August 1987 – December 1988, Weapons Load Standardization Crew, 111th Fighter Wing, Willow Grove, Pa.
6. December 1988 – August 1990, Quality Assurance Specialist, 111th Fighter Wing, Willow Grove, Pa.
7. August 1990 – March 1992, Weapons Loading Flight Chief, 111th Fighter Wing, Willow Grove, Pa.
8. March 1992 – August 1994, Chief, Quality Assurance, 111th Fighter Wing, Willow Grove, Pa.
9. August 1994 – November 1995, Officer-in-Charge, 111th Maintenance Squadron, Willow Grove, Pa.
10. November 1995 – March 1998, Squadron Maintenance Officer, 111th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Willow
11. March 1998 – May 1999, Officer-in-Charge, Equipment Maintenance Flight, 110th Maintenance Squadron, Battle
12. May 1999 – March 2003, Squadron Maintenance Officer, 111th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Willow Grove,
13. March 2003 – February 2007, Commander, 111th Maintenance Operations Flight, Willow Grove, Pa.
14. February 2007 – August 2010, Commander, 111th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Willow Grove, Pa.
15. August 2010 – December 2010, Commander, 166th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, New Castle, Del.
16. Dec 2010 – April 2013, Deputy Commander, 166th Maintenance Group, New Castle, Del.
17. April 2013 – September 2016, Commander, 111th Mission Support Group, Horsham, Pa.
18. September 2016 – Present, Deputy Adjutant General – Air and Commander, Pennsylvania Air National Guard,
Joint Force Headquarters Pennsylvania, Fort Indiantown Gap, Pa.
Awards and Decorations
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor device and three oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with bronze star
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border and bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Force Longevity Service Ribbon with Silver Oak Leaf Cluster and two bronze clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with two “M” devices and silver hourglass
Small Arms Expert Ribbon
NATO Service Medal
Pennsylvania State Commendation Medal
Pennsylvania Governor’s Unit Citation
Pennsylvania 20 Year Service Medal
Pennsylvania Maj. Gen. Thomas R. White, Jr. Medal
Pennsylvania Thomas J. Stewart Medal
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
National Guard Association of the United States Lifetime Member
Pennsylvania National Guard Association Lifetime Member
Military Officers Association of America
Veterans of Foreign Wars
Efferctive Dates of Promotion
Second Lieutenant Aug. 4, 1994
First Lieutenant Aug. 5, 1996
Captain Dec. 4, 1998
Major Dec. 4, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel Feb. 7, 2007
Colonel May 22, 2014
Brigadier General Dec 2, 2017
(Current as of March 2018)