Amputee and Paralyzed Veterans Pension
Military veterans all sacrifice in service to their country, and the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA) knows that for some veterans, the sacrifice is far greater than others. That is why we are proud to administer the Amputee and Paralyzed Veterans Pension to eligible veterans. Through this program, eligible veterans receive a monthly pension of $150.
To qualify, applicants must:
- be a resident of Pennsylvania upon entering the military
- have received Honorable or Under Honorable Conditions discharge
- have suffered a service-connected injury or incurred a disease resulting in the loss or loss of use of two or more extremities (arms/hands or legs/feet)
- be at least a 40% disability rating compensation rating or higher in each limb as determined and certified by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs
Veterans interested in applying for this pension should contact their County Director of Veterans Affairs in the county you reside. It is important to have the proper documentation to help make the application process go quickly and smoothly.
Here are the documents you should have:
- A copy of last military service DD214
- Proof of Pennsylvania residency upon entering the military
- A United States Department of Veterans Affairs Decision letter
If you have any questions about this pension program, contact the DMVA at: RA-MVVeteransPension@pa.gov (Please do not send completed applications or personally identifiable information over e-mail).