Apply for Residency
Serving PA Veterans and Their Spouses
If you served our country, love to show your patriotism and need long-term care, then one of Pennsylvania's six Veterans Homes is the ideal place for you and/or your spouse to call home. Our favorite “colors” are Red, White and Blue, and we believe that every veteran who lives here is a celebrated American hero.
That is because Pennsylvania’s Veterans Homes, operated by the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, exists to care for, honor and respect residents for serving our country and protecting our freedom.
Things to know before filling out the Online Application Form
Acceptance to a Pennsylvania Veterans Home is open only to residents of the Commonwealth or veterans who entered service while a PA resident.
The application must be completed and submitted in its entirety and may include:
- Marriage documents
- Medical insurance documents
- A copy of the order declaring Power of Attorney or the legal guardian documentation
Medical information must be completed and signed by a physician. Details are provided on the first page when you click on "Apply Online," button below.
Military Services Record
You will be asked to upload a copy of the applicant's honorable military discharge/separation document(s) (example: DD214) when applying online. If you cannot locate your military discharge/separation document, contact your County Director of Veterans Affairs
or the National Personnel Record's Center in St. Louis, Missouri at 1-866-272-6272 Option 1 or Archives
Financial information will be required after the application is submitted. You may opt to complete the required form(s) and upload to this application.
Please have the following documents ready BEFORE you begin this application:
- Medical Evaluation Form MA51
- Activities of Daily Living Assessment Sheet
- Honorable military discharge/separation documents DD214
- If the applicant is a spouse of a veteran, a copy of the marriage certificate
- If the applicant has a Power of Attorney or the Legal Guardian documentation
The following documents are NOT REQUIRED to complete this application, but will be required later:
- Department of Military and Veterans Affairs Revenue Admission Checklist;
- Service Connected Disability with the Federal Veterans Administration Letter